'
Motto: "I thu chhiarin a siam che"

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Twelve Rules for Preachers

By: John Wesley


1. Be diligent. Never be unemployed. Never be triflingly employed. Never while away time; nor spend more time at any place than is strictly necessary.
2. Be serious. Let your motto be, ‘Holiness to the Lord.’ Avoid all lightness, jesting, and foolish talking.
3. Converse sparingly and cautiously with women, particularly with young women.
4. Take no step towards marriage without solemn prayer to God and consulting with your 
brethren.
5. Believe evil of no one unless fully proved; take heed how you credit it. Put the best construction you can on everything. You know the judge is always sup¬posed to be on the prisoner’s side.
6. Speak evil of no one, else your word, especially, would eat as doth a canker; keep your thoughts within your own breast till you come to the person concerned.
7. Tell every one what you think wrong in him, lovingly and plainly, and as soon as may be, else it will fester in your own heart. Make all haste to cast the fire out of your bosom.
8. Do not affect the gentleman. A preacher of the Gospel is the servant of all.
9. Be ashamed of nothing but sin; no, not of clean¬ing your own shoes when necessary.
10. Be punctual. Do everything exactly at the time. And do not mend our rules, but keep them, and that for conscience’ sake.
11. You have nothing to do but to save souls. Therefore spend and be spent in this work. And go always, not only to those who want you, but to those who want you most.
12. Act in all things, not according to your own will, but as a son in the Gospel, and in union with your brethren. As such, it is your part to employ your time as our rules direct: partly in preaching and visiting from i house to house, partly in reading, meditation, and prayer. Above all, if you labour with us in our Lord’s vineyard, it is needful you should do that part of the work which the Conference shall advise, at those times and places which they shall judge most for His glory.

Rawngbawltute zawm tur Dan (12)
 By: John Wesley
Translated into Mizo by Joseph Saia


1. I rawngbawlna ngai pawimawh la; inthlahdah suh. Thil tul lova I hun khawhral suh.
2. I thusawiin eng ang mi nge I nih a tilang tih hre rengin I tawng leh thusawiah fimkhur rawh.
3. Mipa emaw, hmeichhia emaw I kawm danah fimkhur la, mite rinhlelh turin awm suh.
4. Pathian rawna tawngtai chungin kawppui thlang thin ang che. I rawngbawlpuite leh Kristaa I unaute pawh sawipui thin ang che.
5. Mi dang chanchin tha lo sawi ching suh. I sawi duh a nih pawhin mi dang hnena sawi lovin ama hnenah sawi rawh.
6. Mi dangte that lohna I hriat chuan hmangaih leh duhsakna rilru puin anmahni hrilh rawh.
7. Mi dangte that lohna mite sawi I hriat pawhin, I finfiah hma chuan mi sawi awih suh la, mi dangte that lohna aiin an thatna lam ngaihtuah zawk ang che.
8. Mi dangten thil an tihsak che phut suh la, mi dangte rawngbawlsaktu, tanpuitu leh an chunga thiltha tihsaktu nih tum zawng ang che.
9. I thusawi leh thiltih zahpui lo la, hna hnuaihnung leh tlawm thawh hreh hek suh.
10. Hun vawng dik la, hanthawhna leh thiltihhonaah tlai ching suh. Mi dangte entawn tlaka hun hman dik tum ang che.
11. I hna pui ber chu thlarau bo chhandam a ni tih hriain chu hna chu mitin hnenah thawk ang che.
12. Rawngbawltu I nihna angin fimkhur la, I rawngbawlpuite tan thawhpui nuam ni tum rawh. Hruaitute thu awih la, I thawh tur hna leh hmun ruatah lungawi takin thawk thin ang che.



Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ngaih dân han thawh ve rawh le....